Friday, August 29, 2008

Date: July 20, 2008
Time: 4:00 pm
Place: Work


I was always being fascinated with the art of abstract. The nature of something being implied and enclosed was just plain old fascinating. It is quite difficult, at that, to develop an eye for symbolism and theme. This is why whenever I got a chance at practicing this art I always took it. Exhibits at art galleries, museum tours and even books with implicate language and elaborate elements that were known to be “between the lines”, were things that no matter how difficult they seem to the common eye, I always took it upon myself to at least try.

In the arts, the different levels of philosophy embodied in a painting or work always intrigued me. However, over the years I learn to understand that you couldn’t always find interpretation to a work. Though it does evoke curiosity and enthusiasm to research deeper, sometimes the mystery of the work is what makes the essence of its existence. Not knowing what its parts could be, sometimes really makes the viewer appreciate the painting for what it is and for what it really can be.

I look forward to participating in programs that would make analyzing and studying detail a second nature to the proctor. I want to be able to take part on a project that helps me develop a different kind of perspective for the average basic, conception of things. The ability to scientifically connect something to its artistic meaning is one thing that I hope to acquire from this program. The relationship between the two (arts and science) may be vastly apart or closely related. However, whatever the case may be, my ultimate quest is to find a career that directly relates one with the other, making abstract interpretations an evolution of reality. Belief has scientific explanations and that’s what I ultimately what to end up studying, a field that makes this conclusion part of the field’s core existence. Hopefully, my academic career will give me that opportunity to overtime explore this with classes specialize to support or condemned this conclusion.

All in all, one day I hope to be able to go back to my community, my neighborhood and show that not everyone is doomed to get to a mediocre place in life. There is room for us under dogs in the big leagues, however it is our initiative to claim that place. The stereotypes of people that come from low places doesn’t have to apply to you unless you let it and at the end of the day that is what I want people in my community to understand. God puts you in these circumstances to test how far you are willing to go to set yourself aside from the rest. Your future is ultimately your vision and how much you are willing to work for it. My community needs more people that can motivate the rest into becoming something more. Hopefully, very soon, I can come back and show the people around me an example of true success. I hope to help those who don’t have a vision for themselves and can’t see place themselves past their neighborhood.


I always try to give back to my community as much as I can. I periodically participated in environmental functions in school. I had great times also participating annual Blood Drive which taught me the art of giving someone the gift of hope through my donation. The feeling of knowing that someone is now in hopes of life again is something unthinkable and I hope that one day everyone gets to know how this feels. My part in my community has been small however, is one I hope to expand once I finish college and even after my educational experience comes to an end. Through programs and activities in my school I ultimately would try to my best to bring back my knowledge of the experience.


In life there are people who live it as they see it, there are those who work there whole lives to make someone else see the true canvas and then there are those who just don’t see and have conformed into not ever getting a chance to see. I like to think of myself as one who sees it and wants to share her findings with the world. With this alone I consider myself lucky because it sometimes takes a lifetime to see the canvas in its entirely something it just took me good years in school to understand.

No comments: